When I go into the market and look at my apps it doesn't show apps such as Gmail, Google search, etc.

Does it matter? Or will these programs be updated anyways when they have updates?

I thought it was phone specific when I had the epic. But same thing on the Nexus. I'm assuming these pre installed apps would get updated automatically despite not seeing them in the market, correct?
    05-19-2011 10:41 AM
    If you go to the Market and switch to 'My Apps' and scroll down, you will find GMail. Press and hold to bring up a menu for Details, to open, or Uninstall Updates. Tap on Details to bring it up in the Market. It should be marked to update automatically. If your phone is on the same page as mine, as far as updates go, You should have version 2.3.4.1.
    05-19-2011 11:19 AM
    If you go to the Market and switch to 'My Apps' and scroll down, you will find GMail. Press and hold to bring up a menu for Details, to open, or Uninstall Updates. Tap on Details to bring it up in the Market. It should be marked to update automatically. If your phone is on the same page as mine, as far as updates go, You should have version 2.3.4.1.
    That's the problem. It wasn't in my app list. I installed it from the market to show. And it was already showing auto update.

After installing from the market my version is 2.3.4.2.
    05-19-2011 11:47 AM
    Is it possible that you are running Android 2.3.4? if so, maybe that's the starting point for your base apps?

http://forum.androidcentral.com/sams...read-here.html
    05-19-2011 01:07 PM
    I didn't check before. My concern was it not starting out in my apostle section if the marker.

I checked the Google search bar versions and they were behind. The market was more up to date.
    05-19-2011 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD