How do I stop getting notifications for an app I've uninstalled?

biggaron

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
I installed Outlook for Android on my Samsung Galaxy S7 (used my personal Gmail account), but I was getting duplicate meeting notices so I decided to uninstall. However, even after completely removing it, I am still getting calendar reminders from Outlook. I even tried clearing the cache, turning off notifications to the app from my phone settings, removing the Gmail account from the app, and turning off syncing from my actual Gmail account - nothing seems to work! It's not just for previous calendar reminders, either. If I create a new reminder (from the default calendar app), it continues to popup a new Outlook event. Since no app is installed, it's just a notification - I can't go into it to edit. And if I clear the Outlook reminder, it will sync to the calendar and remove both reminders within a minute or so.

This is driving me nuts - can you please help me fix this issue? Microsoft was unable to and suggested going to Android.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you go to your Account Settings in your phone, do you see an Outlook account there? If so, try either removing it or turning Sync off. In your Calendar app, find the visible Calendars (the option might vary from app to app) and see if any Outlook calendars are being shown (you can de-activate them there). And finally, if it's still happening, go to your Google Calendar online...if you see the Outlook events there, you might have subscribed to a web calendar...just find it there and unsubscribe.

biggaron

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. As far as I can tell, there is no Outlook account in my account settings (assuming I'm in the right place). I tried turning off calendar sync, but it did not work (still got two reminders). There is no Outlook calendars in my visible calendars. I do have several accounts (only one of which I originally setup with Outlook), but nothing is Outlook-specific. And I already went into Gmail online to remove Outlook from the list of apps with access to my account.

One other thing I just noticed that may help - since I have multiple accounts (work, personal, etc.), I tried adding a calendar event to a different Gmail account than the one I used when I originally setup Outlook, as well as an event to my work email (which is NOT Gmail). These accounts should not have anything to do with Outlook, but I still got duplicate reminders on both. So it seems to be an issue with my phone, not Gmail, correct? Any thoughts with that in mind?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you have any other Calendar apps installed that might be giving you the duplicate notification maybe? When you get the Calendar notification, try long-pressing it and seeing if you can get information from the originating app.

If you add an event to different accounts and are still getting duplicate notifications, it does seem to be a local issue (especially if the events don't show in your Google Calendar online... http://calendar.google.com )

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar