Voicemail app not connecting, not receiving SMS texts, not connecting to data network

sk8rmama24

Jan 17, 2018
Visit site
Here is my disclaimer- I am not technically savvy and only update to newer phones when actually forced to.

I just transferred my StraightTalk service from an iPhone 5s to an LG Rebel 2 (Android 6.0.1- software is up to date) and am trying to get my apps set-up. I do have an SD card where I have stored any app I have downloaded and that is able to be stored externally to the device, so my internal storage seems to be still in a good range. It's only been a few days, but these are the issues I am having and am unsure what to do. Issues have mostly been with the pre-installed apps.

1) phone does not indicate when a voicemail has been received. voicemail app does not seem to work, initially when I would tap it, I would get an error about having no data connection. tried restarting phone, and now the voicemail app attempts to connect to voicemail, but has trouble setting up the service and I get an error code 9009. voicemail is accessible by dialing *86 and I have received messages, just not the notifications on my home screen.

2) phone does not seem to be receiving SMS text messages. on several occasions I have not received texts containing the verification codes I am receiving now that I am accessing my accounts with a new device. Also texted StraightTalk #611611 for my data usage and never received a response.

3) had an instance where my phone was not able to access any data networks, so I was unable to use any smartphone features, see notifications or updates, or use it for anything other than making a phone call. tried restarting and was able to restore some data connection so I received the app notifications (but still has not resolved issues 1 and 2 listed above), but was wondering if this is a common issue and should I expect it to happen often? currently have not accessed anything using WiFi capability because I do not have access to a WiFi network at the moment.

That's it for the moment, been a few days and still getting the functional apps running, haven't even had time to do anything fun like play around with ringtones and visual features.

Thanks for the advice!

sk8rmama24

Jan 17, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, tried that but my OS and handset weren't included in the list.

What I ended up doing was a factory restore on my iPhone to completely sever any possible overlaps (if that is even possible), did a complete factory restore on my LG Rebel, removed battery and SIM card for awhile too. When I tried tech support at StraightTalk earlier, they had me restore message default settings, remove SIM and restart, which didn't do anything then, but I figure if I had to contact them again if I still had the same problems after a factory reset, at least I could tell them I already completed half their steps.

So after I reset my new phone and started over, it seems to have fixed the SMS text issue as I was bombarded with a slew of texts that were hung up in the netherspace and the voicemail APP seems to work now as well. Phone also seems to be running faster, so maybe there was a glitch in my initial set-up that was affecting the software. I was also having problems with APP installations hanging up before as well. Oh well, I only wasted two days of my life trying to set the phone up, download apps and troubleshoot what was happening. Guess I get to start over again. Man, I really hate technology sometimes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12