How to move/keep shutter release button on right side in landscape?

jimox9x9

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
When I first open Proshot, if the device is in landscape position the buttons are on the right side of the screen, where I want them. But if I rotate the device to portrait then back to landscape, or if I start in portrait then rotate to landscape, the buttons move to the left side of the screen, and the viewfinder image is inverted. How can I fix this, and where can I find basic info like this on simple interaction with this app?

Using Proshot v5.6 on Samsung Galaxy s6, Android 7.0

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty much up to the app devs and how they're using the accelerometer data (rotation), or if they even support rotation properly. Sounds like your issue is that either the phone or the app seem to 'think' you rotated the phone to the other side. Also, some apps don't support 'full' rotation, so they'll only support one orientation in landscape and/or portrait (which is why things would appear to be inverted).

jimox9x9

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
My apologies; for some reason I thought this forum was specifically for Proshot on Android, but on closer examination it seems to be for questions on Android apps in general. I've been unable to find detailed UI information for Proshot, or the "built-in" Android camera app, and was hoping this forum might be able to answer questions left from the minimal built-in help, either from experienced users or maybe even the developer himself. If Proshot is incapable of functioning in landscape mode on Android, I'd like to know that fact, so that I can look for something else. That sounds like a separate post.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My apologies; for some reason I thought this forum was specifically for Proshot on Android, but on closer examination it seems to be for questions on Android apps in general. I've been unable to find detailed UI information for Proshot, or the "built-in" Android camera app, and was hoping this forum might be able to answer questions left from the minimal built-in help, either from experienced users or maybe even the developer himself. If Proshot is incapable of functioning in landscape mode on Android, I'd like to know that fact, so that I can look for something else. That sounds like a separate post.

You should be able to contact the developer through the Play Store or read the reviews there to see if anyone else mentions the landscape thing. I haven't tried the app, so don't know for sure, but I have used apps that only support one orientation, so that might be what you're experiencing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer