Hello:
    Apologies if this has been asked before, searched but did not find anything.

I have been using the Google Voice SMS text feature using my GV number to save on my Verizon bill and it was working great, but recently I been having a really annoying problem- I am texting friends and everything is working fine, but all of the sudden when I send a text, it freezes, getting stuck on the "sending" box. Backing out does not work, and when you hit the home button and return to GV, it is still stuck on sending. The only way to unfreeze is to go to settings, applications, and force close. It happens randomly, usually after a sending and receiving a decent number of texts.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled GV, and uninstalled the GV widget, with no change. It is not device specific, as I had this problem with my D2 and now on my TB.
    I have checked Google support and others have this problem as well, but Google has not responded, to my knowledge.

Anyone?
    05-23-2011 11:16 AM
    It might not be the application that's causing this. Then again you mention that this had happen before on a different phone model.

If this problem is app related, then their might not be anything anyone can do for you on the forum.

Let's make sure it's not phone related - try this = Clear all cookies, cache, and history from your phone to take some strain off the cpu. Usually uninstall / reinstall fixes many of problems. After clearing those features - uninstall and reinstall the app again. (See if this favour for you)

Good luck.
    05-23-2011 02:23 PM
    Ugh, that used to happen to me all the time when using Google Voice SMS on BlackBerry! I'd have to reboot the phone to get the stuck SMS cleared, and then had to recreate and send again. It was super annoying.

I haven't had the issue on my Thunderbolt yet though. I hope that I don't. Do you have the latest version of Google Voice installed?
    05-24-2011 11:34 AM
    I am experiencing the same thing on a brand new galaxy sIII. GOOGLE NEEDS TO FIX THIS...
    04-12-2013 06:40 PM
    Same thing happened to me with the latest app update! I'm looking for the old apk so I can revert back! It's definitely an app problem...I can send texts quickly using a PC logged into GV.
    04-22-2013 12:33 AM
    I am having the same problem with my Droid X. Seems very random, but it also seems to be happening more often. When it first started happening, a hard reboot (physically removing the battery) would work, but now that isn't doing the trick anymore. If I log on via my laptop, that seems to get it started again, but defeats the purpose. Google, HELP!
    05-20-2013 06:38 AM
    Problem Solved! Download an App called "Swype Keyboard." Open the App then choose "Dragon" instead of "Google Voice." Close the App and You Are Welcome
    09-28-2015 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD