how can I find out which app is pushing ads to my notification bar?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
There's a mp3 download application that is in the top free apps in the market. I got it, got 3 songs and saw ads in my notifications. Nothing since I uninstalled it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Crzy4Storm2

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: how can I find out which app is pushing ads to my notificatio

Christmas Ringtones by Maxdroid has airpush in it's latest update. Gave me Spam in my notification bar. Thanks for directing me to the Air Push detector app - it worked great!!

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I seem to be getting ads that are not AirPush. The notification icon looks like the standard Market icon and AirPush detector doesn't come up with any results on my phone.

I have gotten the ad a few times now (maybe once a week) and it is always for Mobo Task Killer (which I've never installed). I also don't have any apps by the Mobo developer.

I've attached screen shots so you can see what I'm talking about. Anybody else seeing this?

pur1138

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Thanks much for that Detector. Been getting ads in notification bar lately. Turns out TubeMate was the culprit. deleted.

kcerica

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Ads in an app is one thing but that's crazy how they make it look like its a real notification from the market instead of an ad. I'm glad I haven't came across any apps that throw ads in the notification bar, I am so picky. Hopefully the developers will realize this is hurting their apps cuz its just gonna make ppl uninstall them and not get download anymore of their apps. ...Leave your ads in your apps lol

Sent from my reborn optimus s using Tapatalk

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

There's a mp3 download application that is in the top free apps in the market. I got it, got 3 songs and saw ads in my notifications. Nothing since I uninstalled it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
Yep! Mp3 download was the culprit on my phone as well. Now I only install it when I need it then uninstall when I'm done.

barbo

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I've gotten spam in my notification bar, too. I ran aidpush detector and it showed nothing. The ad says something about being a prize winner. The url associated with that "prize page" is
com-ws.us/win/usa/

Any ideas for getting rid of it? Luckily, It has only popped up 3 or 4 tines in about 2 weeks.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

I've gotten spam in my notification bar, too. I ran aidpush detector and it showed nothing. The ad says something about being a prize winner. The url associated with that "prize page" is
com-ws.us/win/usa/

Any ideas for getting rid of it? Luckily, It has only popped up 3 or 4 tines in about 2 weeks.

Don't know what yours is but I was having a sort of browser hijack happen about every two weeks, which would start me off on a spammy site. I flashed a new ROM and now it doesn't happen. It also killed a permanent Verizon banner in my Huffington Post app. I know you'd just like a quick fix for this specific problem, but if nothing else comes up (and you're rooted), you could always try flashing or reflashing.

barbo

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I had used addons detector before with the push filter and found nothing but I tried it again today (perhaps there was an update?) and it found "Bloat Freezer" as the culprit. I just uninstalled Bloat Freezer and hopefuly that will take care of my problem. Please continue to post offending apps.

Edit:
Another option to get rid of this crap:
Airblocker - Airpush Block
ByQ Develop
(get it in the market)

Last edited:

tincaminca

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

I have installed multiple apps lately and a star with a red dot started showing in my notification bar. I have opened it the first time and it redirected me to a site called http://visitorssurveygroup.com/v/promo/us.
I have installed Lookout and Airpush Detector. They have found nothing but the star has disappeared.

But lately I am getting pop-up notifications with a link to the same website and it happens when I open up the browser. Attached is the image. After that I can only click on the 'OK' button but luckily it doesn't redirect me.

Is reseting the only way to get rid of this?

barbo

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I suggest to you, tincaminca - try Addons Detector. That's one that found my problem. Good luck!

ahhorner

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Use airpush blocker. I called HTC, they advised to use an app called airblocker. You don't necesarrily need to root your phone. You can install the app and it will give you a list of apps that use airpush and you can delete that app. If you want to keep that app that uses airpush then you do have to root your phone. I used it and it gave me music paradise as the one I had installed that uses airpush

I haven't recieved any so far but I will notify if I do. I also went back into music paradise after and the second review mentioned a virus which I would assume to be the AirPush.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Oliver1998

ezfreeze

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site

I had the same thing and used airpush detector... Found out that Bowman game was the culprit on my phone

Oliver1998

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

I read other threads where the apps werent' found. But thank you to ahhorner for mentioning airblocker app.
I installed it and ... I will wait and see. Hopefully no more 'push' ads. The ones that appeared on my task bar were at random times. Just here and there during the day. Yipes!!!

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Didn't read trough to post, but check out an app on the play store called air push detector. That app should then give you which app it is.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc