How can I track a phone using device manager without that phone showing it?

lethalone

Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Using the app from the google store "android device manager", I go to android.com/find and locate my device. However I do this, it sends the phone a popup that says the device has been located.
I want to know how to keep the popup from showing so I can locate a phone secretly.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Google disallowed apps not showing that the phone is being tracked. If it does that, it gets removed from the Play Store.

Since you have the Google Account of the phone you are tracking, why not just use the timeline feature of Google Maps? Unless you've specifically disabled it, it's on by default and you can track where the device goes. With history of movement over the last few weeks.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. The Find My Device app on my Note 4 does just that after disabling notifications for Google Play Services.

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Hmm. The Find My Device app on my Note 4 does just that after disabling notifications for Google Play Services.
Well the Note 4 isn't actually up to date on software so maybe that's part of it. But that's why apps like Cerberus and Lookout now have the notification because Google disallowed the background tracking.