Backup to SD Card

forumsid987

Banned
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/wp-content/gallery/htc-evo-4g/htc-evo-15.jpg

So if you look at that screenshot, it's basically saying that if I have my SD card in condition but I had to get a phone replacement of the exact same model, my restore wont work. Is that true? Is there a built in utility for such a situation....for example my blackberry lets me backup and restore my messages, contacts, emails, sms, etc. to any blackberry device...even a different model.

I am wondering if there is some way to backup my entire phone periodically, sort of like apple does with itunes...blackberry does with their desktop manager, etc. I found the RerWare MyBackup service but for backups I don't like the idea of a 3rd party.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ncc1701p

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Here is my 2 cents on the subject:
Root your phone and use nandroid or
I use MybackupPro by reware $5.

Other options are just to cloud your stuff up i.e. calendar, contacts,email
for notes I use Gdocs w/ Sync which u can backup notes to your google docs.

These phones were made so that you really dont have to sync them up to a PC per say like the old Treo or the Blackberry. You can get third party software that you have to pay for which will sync your stuff to your outlook,etc. But backuppro for $5 is a very cheap means. Its the only paid app I have and for good reason. Then you have to obviously shoot your backup off to your PC or something.. Im sure there are other backup programs out there too but you gotta search.

Good Luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith