Offline Google Maps for Android?

AndroAsc

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm a new Android user who migrated from Windows Mobile.

Are there any apps out there that can serve as an OFFLINE google maps (absolutely no data connection required)? For those familiar with Windows Mobile, there is a freeware called NaviComputer and you can download/cache google maps and view them offline. Anything similar for Android?

I came across offline map software like MapDroyd, but those aren't google maps but from some other place. What I want is google maps and all their landmarks and stuff...

98koukile

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Is htc latitude app on the market or just for those of us with one of their devices? It has pre loaded maps straight from Google maps that you can view without data

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Google maps caches where you are and where you've been up to 32mb. Not sure how far you want to go or what not with no data.

I was in the subway Saturday and could still veiw all of NYC qmd long island including layers I loaded up such as subway lines.

You would just have to read them ass a map though. It won't load the directions for you.

wowser

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Locus i believe has this capability. It allows you to define a "map area" to download and use it while you have no data connection. I use this when i go hiking, so i have the map for the city i'm in downloaded and using GPS to route my hike. I use OCM maps with Locus but i believe it also has Google Maps capability.

It even allows you to define the zoom level you want downloaded.

biggy238

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been searching for this. I started to load maps onto my black berry at one point to do this.

Is there a way, once I have the maps loaded onto a sim card, to force google maps to cache from the card?