My car has an android auto radio system. I have android auto on the phone and already have it paired to the car.

I trying to get iHeartRadio on the car radio and currently the app isn't installed.

As a workaround, I have to start iHeartRadio then Android auto on the phone. I then have to plug in the charger and start Android auto on the car. Once that's up and running, I have to press the play button on the cars android auto display.

Is there not a way to just add iHeartRadio radio directly on the car radio so I can either select that or xm radio?
    02-25-2018 12:23 PM
    Once you launch Android Auto, select the music app. Once it's loaded, the headphone picture should add a down arrow, if you tap that icon it will show a list of available music apps, select iHeartRadio from that list.

I don't have Android Auto in my car, I'm looking at this based on the app installed on my phone. You're not installing anything on the car, the Android Auto interface in the car is interacting with your phone to display the info on the screen. So, to listen to iHeartRadio you need to pick Android Auto and then your audio app.
    02-25-2018 01:08 PM