Samsung Pay Problems (Canada)

Heinz Katchup

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
New user here of Samsung Pay in Canada. Samsung Pay appears to be working well at Major Merchants who have NFC/Tap to Pay enabled POS terminals.

However at Minor Merchants with no NFC/Tap to Pay enabled POS terminals I cannot get the MST back-up to work. The Minor Merchant POS terminals I'm trying to complete transaction with appear to have the physical card swipe slot but nothing is happening when I hover the phone over it.

Of note is that I'm only using my INTERAC Debit Card so far.

Any suggestions on getting the MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) to work?

Last edited:

habs_fan

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
New user here of Samsung Pay in Canada. Samsung Pay appears to be working well at Major Merchants who have NFC/Tap to Pay enabled POS terminals.

However at Minor Merchants with no NFC/Tap to Pay enabled POS terminals I cannot get the MST back-up to work. The Minor Merchant POS terminals I'm trying to complete transaction with appear to have the physical card swipe slot but nothing is happening when I hover the phone over it.

Of note is that I'm only using my INTERAC Debit Card so far.

Any suggestions on getting the MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) to work?

MST only works using a credit card. I use it all the time at Wal-Mart and love seeing the faces of the cashiers when they try to tell me it's not going to work