Best Calendar app (possibly Jorte)??

enduser2941

May 8, 2011
www.rsfsquad.org
Hey guys I have read through the threads that are already on the forums but Im still left with a little confusion as to what you would recommend. I'm looking for a FREE calendar app that is much better then the Epic app which is the default app, that would also sync with google calendar (I don't have any other desktop app like outlook or anything so I dont need any support for an interface like that) and has some pretty useful widgets and notifiers. I am not looking for anything way too fancy as I am not using it for business purposes, more personal like Dr appts, dinner dates ect. But I would like to have something better then the stock one. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks alot guys, yall have been very helpful thus far in my conversation from BB to droid, and thus far I have become a huge droid fan, in part thanks to this community!

Last edited:

enduser2941

May 8, 2011
www.rsfsquad.org
Ok, Im trying Jorte and I like it however while I would still like input on other calendar apps, I have a question on Jorte. I am noticing that it has imported my FB events ie birthdays and for some entries it has duplicated a persons birthday multiple time in the given day. For example, say its my birthday today, when I look at that day in any view that entry is showing 5 or so times, yet some other peoples birthdays are only showing 1 entry. It appears as though if a persons birthday is marked as an entire days even, it is showing the entry for each hour? Im not sure if Im seeing this correctly to explain. I wish I could show a screen shot as its odd and kinda frustrating. I went through all the settings and I cant find anyway to remove "duplicates" if thats even what they are. Any ideas?

Trekker

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I think Business Calendar is great. While it's not free (currently $5.62), I did get it through from Amazon's "Free app of the day" Appstore. Having used it, I would have no problem purchasing it. There is a free version that has ads - Business Calendar Free.

Another decent one is CalenGoo but it also cost money - $6.38. Both sync with Google calendar which is what I use but currently, I prefer Business Calendar.

mldiroff

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I have switched completely to Business Calendar, and I did pay for it. I've tried every single one of the calendar apps and with the available widgets, customization, UI, and ease of use, I love it.

I think Business Calendar is great. While it's not free (currently $5.62), I did get it through from Amazon's "Free app of the day" Appstore. Having used it, I would have no problem purchasing it. There is a free version that has ads - Business Calendar Free.

Another decent one is CalenGoo but it also cost money - $6.38. Both sync with Google calendar which is what I use but currently, I prefer Business Calendar.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My issue with Jorte was that multi-day events wouldn't display correctly. Like if I had a conference from Monday through Wednesday, it would only show on Jorte for Monday and Tuesday (so looking at it, I would think I was free on Wednesday).

That glitch rendered Jorte utterly useless to me. But it's been about 6 months since I used Jorte, so maybe they've fixed it. Plus, I found Jorte to be hideously ugly (my personal preference)

I have basically switched to the Pure Grid Calendar Widget (which uses one of my screens), and then I just link that to the default Google Calendar (so tapping on it opens the default calendar). You can also link that to any number of calendar apps, including Jorte or Business Calendar. Unfortunately I missed Business Calendar when it was free....I might buy it though cause I've heard great things.

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Jorte is pretty good and I use it with Calendar Pad. I use the Calendar Pad widget to show me what is going on and it allows me to enter appointments with Jorte.

I have Business Calendar also but find I do not use it much, not quite sure why but just something about it.

There is also Gemini (free) which I used for a while and is pretty good.

Good luck

beesneazy

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
CalenGoo might be worth checking out. Full featured and is getting the job done for me. I haven't tried Jorte, but when looking around for a worthy full featured calendar I noticed that Jorte was mentioned a lot, but CalenGoo was still sort of newish and picking up steam and was suggested as a worthy app next to Jorte. If not better. As I said, haven't tried Jorte, but heard it's a nice app. Went with CalenGoo myself and haven't looked back.

And, also, this is why I hate Google's 15 minute refund window. XD

Might be worth checking out, but if Jorte is getting it done for you .... ;)

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I saw somewhere that, in Jorte, one can tap a phone number and dial it. (This was a functionality I used to have in my BB calendar and I loved it.) So, I downloaded Jorte and now I can't for the life of me figure out how to move to it the events I have in my native calendar app and Business app. Please help.