I've been using go launcher flawlessly for months with no issues, but it seems like there's just been an update that I absolutely hate. As of yesterday, when I press my home button, I don't actually go home, but to an intermediate screen filled with my Facebook and email notifications and the like that I must dismiss to actually go home. I despise it. I pressed home, I want to go home, I'll with my notifications on my own time!!
    Is there any way I can disable this feature so that I don't have to uninstall the launcher? It's been by far my favorite up until now.
    03-31-2018 01:18 AM
    I've been using go launcher flawlessly for months with no issues, but it seems like there's just been an update that I absolutely hate. As of yesterday, when I press my home button, I don't actually go home, but to an intermediate screen filled with my Facebook and email notifications and the like that I must dismiss to actually go home. I despise it. I pressed home, I want to go home, I'll with my notifications on my own time!!
    Is there any way I can disable this feature so that I don't have to uninstall the launcher? It's been by far my favorite up until now.
    I don't have the answer either! Originally, it was showing these weird round drop downs. Now it's showing the rectangular notification windows as you described. Very, very annoying!

I looked around for settings to disable this, and on the advanced screen there are two fields that seem to be appropriate: the notification toggle slider – which doesn't seem to do anything (mine was already turned off) – and a separate notification label just below that.

When you touch that, it brings up another screen that actually shows a notification toggle slider. That was already off on my phone. Below that there is a choice of alert style: none, banners, and alert cards. My phone already had alert cards selected.

Below that there's a slider for "hide the details" meaning "does not show the details of the notification when you open this feature". Right now that's turned off on my phone, so I guess it means the details are not hidden.

Below that you can choose the apps that to display notifications. I don't know if that's in any way related to the system notification settings for each app, but when I scrolled through I looked at the Messages icon and it was not checked. Interestingly, the Facebook messenger app was checked, and that's one of the ones that was causing that circular drop-down. Unchecking that now to see what happens. The only other ones that were checked on mine was for WhatsApp, which I basically never use, and Facebook itself.

So I unchecked all the apps that were checked, and I change the alert style when I walked to read none. I haven't yet changed the "hide the details" slider.

We'll see if this makes any difference at all.
    04-18-2018 03:23 PM
    I found a solution to this. You need to go to launcher preferences, Advanced, Notification and in the "Alert style when unlocked" select None
    09-14-2018 03:28 PM
    I found a solution to this. You need to go to launcher preferences, Advanced, Notification and in the "Alert style when unlocked" select None
    Regrettably this didn't fix the issue for me on my 2018 Galaxy note 8.
    Every time I push the home button. Two banners pop up for about 3 seconds.
    One reads -
    1 choose Go - prime
    The other reads -
    2 select always.

While these banners are showing, I'm unable to do anything.
    All gestures, buttons and screen comands are temporarily frozen.

If I'm unable to correct this I'll leave Go launchers permanently.

Annoying but, In the past there's always been a way to turn off, un-click what ever, then go and delete the images it inserts into my photo library and it's over with. But this is an entire other sticky trap.

Not cool
    Not on my phone
    Not happy
    09-19-2018 08:07 PM