Hi everyone.

I wasn't quite sure where to post this but here goes.

I have FX File Explorer installed on my Galaxy Note 8. None of the web access settings are enabled but something seems to be running.

When I swipe down from the top of the screen and view the function toggle switches the FX Web Access one is lit up in blue. (See attached image). It won't let me turn it off. All the other toggle switches can be turned off, but not the FX Web Access.

I'm totally confused by this and was wondering if anyone could explain why this is the case?

Many thanks in advance.

FX File Explorer. Web access seems to ne running all the time.-screenshot_20180420-070003_samsung-experience-home.jpg
    04-20-2018 01:13 AM
    If the app is running you have to turn it off (close it) by exiting it in the app or by tapping the back button when you're in the app. It accesses the web when it's running. (You might be able to turn off web access in the app's settings, but evidently they didn't write it so you could do that from the pulldown. Email android@nextapp.com if you want to suggest that they change that.)
    everway9 likes this.
    04-20-2018 02:52 PM
    If the app is running you have to turn it off (close it) by exiting it in the app or by tapping the back button when you're in the app. It accesses the web when it's running. (You might be able to turn off web access in the app's settings, but evidently they didn't write it so you could do that from the pulldown. Email android@nextapp.com if you want to suggest that they change that.)
    Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I double checked and the app is definitely not running. All of the web access settings are disabled too.

FX File Explorer. Web access seems to ne running all the time.-screenshot_20180420-211215_fx.jpg

It's not a big problem to me. I'm just confused as to why the quick action toggle button is permanently turned on.

I'll contact the developers and see what they say.

Thanks again.
    04-20-2018 03:16 PM
    Directions can be found under FX-Home - Help - Advanced Features - Web Access - Stopping Web Access - Tap on Stop Button.

This runs in my ground as well, but it is slightly grayed out when off.
    05-16-2018 01:20 PM
    Directions can be found under FX-Home - Help - Advanced Features - Web Access - Stopping Web Access - Tap on Stop Button.

This runs in my ground as well, but it is slightly grayed out when off.
    Hi @stevehowedgf

Thanks for posting that. At least I can now confirm web access is definitely not running. But it's strange that the quick accezs toggle button is still blue.

FX File Explorer. Web access seems to ne running all the time.-screenshot_20180516-202105_samsung-internet.jpg
    05-16-2018 02:22 PM