Buy Credit for Google Hangouts from Google Payments Center

Voyager39

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
While trying to make an international call, G. Hangouts indicated that I needed to add credit. After viewing several online guides for arranging this, I bought a Google gift card on Paypal, and there is now a Google Play balance of $25 in my Google Payments center. (Various other approaches had problems: (a) a bug prevented me from buying the credit using the "add credit" button on my Android Hangouts App; (b) another issue prevented me from buying the Hangouts credit with my credit card on my desktop. The online directions guided me towards buying a Google gift card as an alternative payment option.

Again, per the instructions I found online, I tried to add a $10 credit to my account the Google Voice / Settings / Payments page. After clicking the "add credit" button though, only a previously entered credit card shows up as a payment option. However, the Google Play Balance of $25, visible on Google Voice, does not appear as a payment option on Google Voice. Consequently, I am again unable to buy the credit needed to place my call.

The question now is how I can submit a payment to Google Voice/Hangouts so that I can place my call.

I realize this question involves a mix of cell phone and desktop issues, but I know of no other way to proceed with my cell phone call. (There was some commentary online to the effect that the payment mechanism in the Hangouts App sometimes didn't work within the Chrome browser).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC