Need a favor from you guys. I found Netflix through the Market on my Captivate, an unsupported device. Unless I missed something, this isn't supposed to happen.

So, if you have some time, can you search for Netflix on the Market, and post if you can see it, along with your phone? Maybe I'm just special, but I'm curious as to how far this stretches.
    05-27-2011 09:41 PM
    Samsung fascinate running froyo.
    Cannot see it in the market.
    Hacked xda app will open and try to play, but give the can't connect to Netflix server error.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    ls377 likes this.
    05-27-2011 09:46 PM
    Need a favor from you guys. I found Netflix through the Market on my Captivate, an unsupported device. Unless I missed something, this isn't supposed to happen.

So, if you have some time, can you search for Netflix on the Market, and post if you can see it, along with your phone? Maybe I'm just special, but I'm curious as to how far this stretches.
    I would take a guess and say that most people will see the "install" button under the app but as soon as you try to 'install" it, the market looks for a compatible device and if your device is incompatible, then it will not let you install. I tried this last night after I read about the "device check" was removed within the app.

Dinc2 2.2

I posted about it in the Dinc2 forum.
    05-28-2011 01:05 PM
    I would take a guess and say that most people will see the "install" button under the app but as soon as you try to 'install" it, the market looks for a compatible device and if your device is incompatible, then it will not let you install. I tried this last night after I read about the "device check" was removed within the app.

Dinc2 2.2

I posted about it in the Dinc2 forum.
    If Netflix is using the market right, it shouldn't even show up on unsupported devices. It did install on mine though.
    05-28-2011 01:10 PM
    Netflix does not show up for me, Sprint Hero. I was able to load it with the build hack but wasn't able to play.
    ls377 likes this.
    05-28-2011 01:11 PM
    If you can get the latest apk it might work (and you won't need the build hack). I bet the issue is the resolution, however.
    05-28-2011 01:20 PM
    Droid X: Does not show up.
    ls377 likes this.
    05-28-2011 01:20 PM
    If you can get the latest apk it might work (and you won't need the build hack). I bet the issue is the resolution, however.
    yeah, I started to suspect the resolution. It loads the video but doesn't play and errors out.
    05-28-2011 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD