Restore WhatsApp Chat History

MufcMiTra

May 12, 2018
Visit site
I'm using a OnePlus 3T. There was an issue with WA where only the contact number was being shown instead of the name. So, following the WA FAQ, I removed (deleted) the account in order to try and solve the issue. BUT before that, I took a complete backup to my Gmail account over a strong and constant WiFi connection which was 'successful'. And then, I uninstalled the app. Upon reinstalling, at the restore screen, my Gmail account was greyed out with 'No backups found' written. Fearing the worst, I contact the support team 3-4 days ago with the relevant screenshots but haven't received 'any response' so far. Is there any chance of recovering the chat history? I am unable to find the 'msgstore.db.crypt' file in the datebase folder everyone claims to be the source. Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:

Thacy

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm using a OnePlus 3T. There was an issue with WA where only the contact number was being shown instead of the name. So, following the WA FAQ, I removed (deleted) the account in order to try and solve the issue. BUT before that, I took a complete backup to my Gmail account over a strong and constant WiFi connection which was 'successful'. And then, I uninstalled the app. Upon reinstalling, at the restore screen, my Gmail account was greyed out with 'No backups found' written. Fearing the worst, I contact the support team 3-4 days ago with the relevant screenshots but haven't received 'any response' so far. Is there any chance of recovering the chat history? I am unable to find the 'msgstore.db.crypt' file in the datebase folder everyone claims to be the source. Any help will be appreciated.

msgstore.db.crypt file stands for WhatsApp local backup, which should be created when the app creates auto backup every day as well as you made the manual backup. Are you sure you checked WhatsApp/Database folder? Do you have an SD card inserted?
The backup linked with your Gmail should be synced to Google Drive. You can log in Google Drive and see if there is valid backup of WhatsApp.

MufcMiTra

May 12, 2018
Visit site
msgstore.db.crypt file stands for WhatsApp local backup, which should be created when the app creates auto backup every day as well as you made the manual backup. Are you sure you checked WhatsApp/Database folder? Do you have an SD card inserted?
The backup linked with your Gmail should be synced to Google Drive. You can log in Google Drive and see if there is valid backup of WhatsApp.

Hello,

I have double checked the WA folder but didn't find anything apart from 'chatsettingsbackup.db.crypt1' which i'm sure isn't the correct file. And, yes i have checked GDrive where the app date is shown as less than 1KB (?!). I posted the same issue in their forum and they asked me to raise the issue with WA support which i've done but without any result. Once again, the backup was 'successful' and no, OP3T doesn't have a SD card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz