Stop Facebook taking WhatsApp Number

Mar 30, 2018
Visit site
Hey!
I read some articles about you can tick a box to stop Facebook taking data from WhatsApp, but I went into WhatsApp and it wasn't there. I updated it and it still wasn't there. Please help

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps those articles were talking about contact syncing? If so, those options aren't in WhatsApp's settings menu - they're in your phone's settings instead (which should look something like this, though I'm using a Samsung GS9+ so yours may be slightly different: Settings->Apps->WhatsApp->Permissions->Contacts, or perhaps Settings->Cloud and accounts->WhatsApp->Sync account->Sync Contacts).

Mar 30, 2018
Visit site
No it has nothing to do with that. I want to stop Facebook taking my WhatsApp data, and it said there was a box in WhatsApp settings I had to untick that was labeled "Share Account Info" but it was not there I updated the app and still no sign

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
No it has nothing to do with that. I want to stop Facebook taking my WhatsApp data, and it said there was a box in WhatsApp settings I had to untick that was labeled "Share Account Info" but it was not there I updated the app and still no sign

I've been using WhatsApp for a long time and I've never seen anything like that. Do you have a link to any of these articles? If so, please post them here. They should tell you the exact steps to follow, and if they don't, I wouldn't be particularly inclined to trust them.

Regardless, Facebook owns WhatsApp, so if you use it, you agree to their terms of service. And they use the Signal encryption protocol, so they don't really have the ability to read the messages you send and receive.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You sure its not a FaceBook setting? Under Privacy options or something along those lines?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge