How can I turn off notifications

Kpb46

Jun 20, 2018
Visit site
I get notifications from Facebook Everytime someone posts something. I have turned off everything ( I think). All I want on is my text message notification.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Facebook and Facebook Messenger are separate apps, so you should be able to entirely disable notifications for the former without impacting the latter. Here's how you do it:

Open Settings->Apps->Facebook
Scroll down to Notifications
Turn them off

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Kpb46

Jun 20, 2018
Visit site
I have every notification I can find turned off. Facebook included. Still get notifications every time someone posts something

tony_clark01

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

You’ll automatically get notifications when people on your Close Friends list post to Facebook, but you can turn these notifications on or off:

1. Click account settings in the top-right and select Settings.
  2. Click Notifications in the left column.
  3. Click Close Friend Activity, then click On Facebook.
  4. Click next to Close Friends activity, then select On or Off

If you're getting notifications when people post and they aren't on your Close Friends list, learn how to receive fewer notifications.

You can't turn off notifications entirely, but you can choose what you're notified about and how you're notified.

To choose what you get notifications about:

1. Click account settings at the top-right corner and select Settings.
  2. Click Notifications on the left.
  3. Click to adjust how you get notifications and what you get notified about.

If you're getting notifications from an app, you can always block the app.

Hope this can fix your problem.

Cheers