CM Launcher yes or no?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't trust anything by Cheetah Mobile . They just have a bad reputation all around. Data mining, nefarious advertising (using pop-ups to make you think you have a problem with your phone, to trick you into buying their software that just so happens to have the magical fix), and probably best known for that junk cleaning app that works completely counter to how Android is designed to operate.

If you want a 3D style launcher, maybe look into Next 3D. I've been using it for years, but even it isn't without its drawbacks. It's expensive, at $16 when I bought it. It's completely non-supported, as in you don't get so much as a "we received your support request" form letter auto-reply if you have a problem. The backup/restore function doesn't work, and it's rarely updated. But for the most part it runs smooth and I rarely have any issues with its use unless I'm resetting a phone or moving to a new one (because of the broken backup function), and it has tons of themes available.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I wouldn't trust anything by Cheetah Mobile . They just have a bad reputation all around. Data mining, nefarious advertising (using pop-ups to make you think you have a problem with your phone, to trick you into buying their software that just so happens to have the magical fix), and probably best known for that junk cleaning app that works completely counter to how Android is designed to operate.

This ^^^^^ CM really is like putting malware on your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood