curious why there are so many folders in the root directory that appear to be empty when viewed in astro file manager? for ex. app-cache, cache, config, data, etc. appear to be empty when viewed in astro file manager but do show files and sub- folders when viewed in root explorer. i do like the astro file manager app and not certain if this is a limitation of the free app vs. the paid app or a limitaion of the app itself. i currently have the free version.

please share your thoughts.

thanks
    mark
    05-31-2011 10:51 AM
    curious why there are so many folders in the root directory that appear to be empty when viewed in astro file manager? for ex. app-cache, cache, config, data, etc. appear to be empty when viewed in astro file manager but do show files and sub- folders when viewed in root explorer. i do like the astro file manager app and not certain if this is a limitation of the free app vs. the paid app or a limitaion of the app itself. i currently have the free version.

please share your thoughts.

thanks
    mark
    The paid Astro just remove the ad, same feature.
    05-31-2011 12:54 PM
    ok this astro file manager is installed on a rooted htc thunderbolt. running BAMF1.6.3. not certain if this makes a difference. just wondering if anyone else notices the "hidden files/folders" issue . is it astro file manager? is it the thunderbolt? is it running BAMF? dont know where the issue (for me at least) resides. i guess i figure if there is some reason for astro not showing certain files i probably am not so interested in using it. on the other hand perhaps there is good reason to hide them? if they are hiddend by astro is the a way to reveal any "hidden" files?

thanks again
    05-31-2011 01:46 PM
    anyone? please
    06-05-2011 06:02 AM
    Hello, you've probably found an answer already, but ES File Explorer can view files in those folders because it has native support for that. Android, by default, will show these as empty unless "told to" by an app. I guess only ES has the ability to do this. Hope that helps!
    03-30-2016 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD