Why does the option to post GIFs on your instagram story disappear after upgrading to Android P?

Rafernandez86

Jul 1, 2018
Visit site
I upgraded to try out the Android P beta on my Google Pixel 2 XL. I found that after upgrading, the option to insert GIFs on the Instagram stories is no longer available. Did some research and didnt really find anything. Played around with some settings. Uninstalled and reinstalled IG. Nothing helped. Finally uninstalled Android P and went back to Oreo. Now the option is back. Reinstalled Android P again cuz I'm really enjoying it. And now the option is gone again. Any words of wisdom on the subject?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since there's no official release of P, the June 26, 2018 update of IG was probably tested on Oreo, and there's probably a function that was changed in P that IG is calling and it's not getting a sensible answer, or the function was renamed, so it's not getting any answer. that's why apps have to be updated when Android is.

Wait until P is officially released, and look at the "Updated" date for IG on Play. When it updates after that, you'll probably see an update button in Play (if you don't have automatic update enabled). Until then, there's nothing you can do. (And it could be a goof by Google and when some beta tester [that's supposed to include you if you're running P] reports it to Google they'll realize that they misnamed a function and fix it, and Beta 5 will have IG working again.)

It's also why I don't run beta versions. I've written enough buggy ones. You guys find all the bugs - I'll install it when the update comes out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol