After some bad experiences with the built-in QuickMemo+ I am looking for a replacement app with similar functionality. Most importantly, I would like an app that allows downloading my notes in a non-proprietary format (i.e. zip, txt, doc) in addition to syncing to a cloud.

The auto-sizing tile display feature like QuickMemo+ has would also be very nice to have because it really helps me see at a glance the short simple notes vs. the long more detailed notes.

Of course free would be nice but I would certainly pay for a great app that does everything right 😄

Many thanks for your help!
    07-20-2018 08:34 AM
    Have you tried Google Keep?
    ManiacJoe likes this.
    07-20-2018 08:47 AM
    Depending on level of complexity you want, in increasing order: Google Keep>Evernote>OneNote. Evernote and OneNote is pretty close. I haven't found one between Keep and Evernote in terms of complexity though ever since Springpad bit the dust.
    07-20-2018 09:23 AM
    Of course, Keep, Evernote and OneNote are all proprietary formats.

If you want to keep individual note-looking notes, handwriting, pictures, anything of that sort, there's no non=proprietary format for a document of that sort. If just words are enough, any text editor that saves .txt files will do (although, since the phone is running on Linux [Android is a program, not an OS], the newline character is a line feed, without the "return" character, you'd need an editor that reads files with Linux newlines if you want to read the notes on a PC and you run Windows).

But anything non-standard (even Word) isn't "non-proprietary format". (zip is just a container - you put txt, doc, whatever files into it. Even zipping a single file is zipping another file into a zip container.) If you'll put up with .docx files, any of the apps that can handle Word files will do.
    ManiacJoe and lotus1922 like this.
    07-20-2018 04:45 PM