Google maps accuracy, not

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I do5 know about you but here in North Central Florida, Ocala - Marion County, Google Maps stumbles all over itself.
Looking for Harbor Freight Tool this AM Maps took me in the right direction but was sile and a half short! WTF?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why that's the case, but definitely submit an edit for the location.

Did Google Maps have the right address? If it was the right address, did it locate the address incorrectly?

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I entered the title "Harbor Freight Tools" selected Description and Start.
Since I had been to the store twice before I knew I was going in the correct direction and to approximately the correct location. As I said Google took me to about 1/4 mile south and 1.5 miles west of the store. If the street address was used I wasn't focused on that.
The outstanding thing is that this was about the 4th or 5th time Google did that to me here. The last time was to a location that Google insisted was a US Post Office. May have been 10 years ago. Is not now.
Seems to me this is the kind of error the Apple navigator app had a year or so ago.
Anyway - you say there is a way to file a error report? Tell me how and I'm on it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In the Google Maps app, select any location (like that Harbor Freight), go to the full screen details for that location, and scroll down for the "Suggest an Edit" option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol