Task Manager and apps with widgets

crisg723

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If I use a task manager to auto-end apps that currently have a widget on a home screen, will that app end up just running again right after its closed? Just wondering if an app automatically runs if it's widget is being used.

crisg723

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My Atrix came pre-loaded with a Task manager, I know only use it with apps like my browser and certain apps that use alot of memory and cpu at time, and ones that I know will not restart. It's only a few apps, but I notice those few use up my battery.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Jalarm. My experience has been that task killers do more harm than good. If you're running at least Froyo, it's designed to handle the apps itself in the most efficient way.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My Atrix came pre-loaded with a Task manager, I know only use it with apps like my browser and certain apps that use alot of memory and cpu at time, and ones that I know will not restart. It's only a few apps, but I notice those few use up my battery.

Did it come with the Task Manager or did the Rep install it for you? Representatives are notorious for installing these apps and telling customers it will help the phone. Uninstall it and don't worry about using it. Android has a great built in manager and kills processes on it's own if not in use.

crisg723

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Nah it came with it, its a Motorola made app. And i got my phone from Amazon so no reps involved. Besides i dont let anyone ibstall apps on my phone, i prefer to do my own research. And on the Atrix I don't see it killing any processes. If I leave my browser on a page with an embedded video or something, that browser still uses cpu in the background.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma