If I use a task manager to auto-end apps that currently have a widget on a home screen, will that app end up just running again right after its closed? Just wondering if an app automatically runs if it's widget is being used.
    06-02-2011 10:10 AM
    it probably will start up again, but not because of the widget, but because thats how android is designed to run. you might want to think about uninstalling your task killer instead:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...stalled-3.html

and this one too, for good measure: http://www.androidcentral.com/how-pr...s-i-went-there
    06-03-2011 08:52 AM
    06-03-2011 09:53 AM
    I recommend to not use a task manager, they can just mess up your phone.
    06-03-2011 11:37 AM
    My Atrix came pre-loaded with a Task manager, I know only use it with apps like my browser and certain apps that use alot of memory and cpu at time, and ones that I know will not restart. It's only a few apps, but I notice those few use up my battery.
    06-07-2011 10:02 AM
    I agree with Jalarm. My experience has been that task killers do more harm than good. If you're running at least Froyo, it's designed to handle the apps itself in the most efficient way.
    06-07-2011 04:07 PM
    My Atrix came pre-loaded with a Task manager, I know only use it with apps like my browser and certain apps that use alot of memory and cpu at time, and ones that I know will not restart. It's only a few apps, but I notice those few use up my battery.
    Did it come with the Task Manager or did the Rep install it for you? Representatives are notorious for installing these apps and telling customers it will help the phone. Uninstall it and don't worry about using it. Android has a great built in manager and kills processes on it's own if not in use.
    06-07-2011 04:41 PM
    Nah it came with it, its a Motorola made app. And i got my phone from Amazon so no reps involved. Besides i dont let anyone ibstall apps on my phone, i prefer to do my own research. And on the Atrix I don't see it killing any processes. If I leave my browser on a page with an embedded video or something, that browser still uses cpu in the background.
    06-08-2011 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD