Solid Explorer can't write to SD even with permission

Blaccko

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have Solid Explorer installed on a Samsung Galaxy S7, with Oreo.

I tried to erase a file from the SD card on my phone, but it didn't work. I received an error telling me that the file cannot be found. I tried with multiple other files, and got the same result.

I tried to copy a file from the internal storage to the SD card, but again, it didn't work because the destination folder (on the SD card) cannot be found.

I checked the permissions for Solid Explorer app in the settings of my phone. The app has storage access, so it should be able to write to the SD card, not just read. Am I not understanding something or doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you receive a Grant Access message from Solid Explorer when you try to do that function?

Blaccko

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
No, not at all. That's why I went into the settings to see if the Storage permission was granted. It is. It's strange, I don't understand...

Thanks,

kwhopson

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
No, not at all. That's why I went into the settings to see if the Storage permission was granted. It is. It's strange, I don't understand...

Thanks,

I have this same problem, or similar rather. Galaxy S7, paid version of Solid, can write to SD card from within card, but not from internal storage.