Howdy. I have been a avid book reader but want to make a full conversion to ebooks. I'm a solid Windows and Android user so my primary reading devices will be Chrome, Evo 4G, Droid X, Galaxy Tab, and future 10.1 Android tablet.

My inquiry is which book service do my fellow Android users prefer to invest in? Primarily between Google Books or Kindle Store. Yes, I realize other ebook stores exist but I'm picking between these two only. I'm one of those people who invests only in one store and one store only. Similar to how I can't bring myself to buy PC games that are not available on Steam.

Big Science Fiction, Fantasy, military, history reader.

I just want your suggestions. Store sizes? Equal pricing? etc...

Thank you!

(If this thread is in the wrong topic please forgive me)
    06-02-2011 03:21 PM
    I do not have any experience with google books to start off with. I Apart from the that, I would easily choose Kindle. The platform is well established and has apps for the desktop, mobile Devices, tablets and of course the kindle itself. The store is the best available in my opinion, but it doesn't support epub iirc. I could be wrong on that one though.

One thing i really love is the Whispersync capabilities. Its fantastic being able to pick up where i left off from anywhere (assuming a connection of course)

Just my thought. Enjoy whatever route you decide to take.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    06-02-2011 04:03 PM
    I use Kindle and love. I haven't tried Google Books thou so I can't make any comparisons. You can buy Kindle books on Amazon and other markets. I'm not sure where to get Google Books. That alone swayed me to get Kindle over any others.
    06-02-2011 04:06 PM
    I guess it's the OCD aspect of having the entire suite Gmail, Google Docs, Google Music, Google Reader, etc... Feel compelled to fall in with Gbooks to complete the suite.

Bah been trying to decide for 2 months now.
    06-02-2011 04:08 PM
    I enjoy Google product as well. Luckily for us, both are free apps with free trial books available! I'm going to give Google Reader a try myself.

Google doesn't do everything better. Sort of a jack of all trades, master of none situation sometimes. I much prefer Documents To Go over Google Docs for example.
    06-02-2011 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD