Is there a distance-measuring sonar app for Android

Fulani Filot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking for an app that can use my phone's speaker to make/send sound signals to the ground beneath it, then listen for the echo/reflection of those sound signals, and using the onboard thermometer or GPS as a supplemental aid (my phone is a Samsung SM-N900 and has these), determine the height of the phone above the surface beneath it.

Basically I'm asking for a sonic range finder that is accurate for heights that seldom reach (let alone exceed) 3 metres. I've searched Playstore and the web but can't find such an app (it could be that my search isn't good enough) and therefore I'm asking if anyone knows where I can get such an app. Thanks.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I haven't looked into it to confirm, but my first guess is such an app wouldn't really work very well for accurate measurements, because real systems for that kind of echo measuring probably don't use signals that would be suited for generatation/reception with phones.

Edit: Oops. Just realized this is an old thread.

Edit Edit: Now I look like the guy who resurrected a four year old thread. Note: There were a couple of deleted posts.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513