Looking for a good monitoring app for institution use.

Snyper64

Aug 27, 2018
Visit site
I am looking for a good monitoring app to monitor internet use and maybe remotely view files(boss hasn't yet gotten back to me on this one) on multiple devices. I work for a non profit half way house and we would like to allow smart phone use but certain individuals would need to be more thoroughly monitored due to their crimes. I would prefer to find something that is free(preferably FOSS) since this years budget is pretty much gone but can take in to consideration pay depending on price. Also if the same program is available for Apple devices would be a great boon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The kind of program you're looking for isn't available for cellphones. (It can monitor cellphones, but not run on them.) You actually have your choice of 2 types of apps:

1. A router monitor. That (unless you're an experienced network administrator) would mean a commercial router. Cisco has some routers, and software, that could be used. What's the opposite of free? Very expensive? (We're talking at least a few thousand dollars - to start.)

2. The type of app used in schools for the teacher to watch what the students are doing. (Not free, but not break-the-bank expensive either.)

I haven't seen the second one as OS. (Cisco's software, of course, isn't open.)

Snyper64

Aug 27, 2018
Visit site
I believe the second option is what my boss wants, like I said we mostly need to be able to see what websites the users are browsing but he would like to be able to browse or watch live what the users are doing. I know that the US Probation department has software that they install on the phone that lets them monitor their phones(I think its Android only but I might be mistaken) but they either won't install it or won't offer it to us(again, above my pay grade).

If there is any apps or software available can you list it for me(IE your number 2 option)?

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon