OK, so I have posted questions on Facebooks "help" page about this issue but have not received any answers so i figured i would post on here to see if i could get some help.

I Have a Nexus S 4g and i use the Facebook for android app. Whenever i try to update my status from my phone it does not show up in my news feed, it just posts straight onto my profile page, so nobody can see it unless they go to my profile. This also happens when i want to upload a photo from my phone to Facebook, it goes straight to my profile page and not in the news feed. How can i fix this? I have checked many times in my account settings and haven't found anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
    06-04-2011 08:00 AM
    Do you have a Facebook widget? Try updating your status from the widget not the app and see if it changes.
    06-04-2011 08:25 AM
    Do you have a Facebook widget? Try updating your status from the widget not the app and see if it changes.
    Just tried that, didn't work. The post went straight to my profile and not to the news feed.
    Thanks though. Any other suggestions?
    06-04-2011 08:41 AM
    Does it happen only when you use the Facebook for Android app? Have you tried updating from your phone browser or any other app like seesmic, tweetdeck or Friendcaster?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    06-04-2011 09:02 AM
    Does it happen only when you use the Facebook for Android app? Have you tried updating from your phone browser or any other app like seesmic, tweetdeck or Friendcaster?

Nope, can't do it from the browser on my phone either. And I don't use any of those 3rd party apps. I had the same issue with my Evo. This is really getting on my nerves, if I can't find a solution I will delete my account and start a new one.
    06-04-2011 09:24 AM
    It seems like it has to do with some settings on your FB account itself...Unless it doesn't happen when you update from your desktop / laptop.

06-04-2011 09:32 AM
    It seems like it has to do with some settings on your FB account itself...Unless it doesn't happen when you update from your desktop / laptop.

Yes, I agree. I just can't find anything to fix it.
    06-04-2011 09:35 AM
    I have a feeling that you should check your privacy settings thoroughly once...

06-04-2011 09:57 AM
    If it's happening on the Evo and ns4g then it's definitely a setting limitation on Facebook. Check you're privacy and see if there is a way to adjust it.
    06-04-2011 11:10 AM
    It seems other people are also having the same problem.... In the help section there is a link to send bug report but according to the discussion board, FB hasn't fixed it yet.

06-04-2011 11:10 AM
    I've had the same thing happening to me before. Facebook for Android won't show your status in the feed. If you're using HTC sense then use the pre-installed facebook app. (touch) You might even find this app more intuitive & it does give you more options. Personally... I just use the PC version on my phone. This way It's like using your computer. To get the full version on your phone unchecked mobile view in settings. On any web page tap menu, then settings... and then unchecked mobile view.
    06-05-2011 11:37 AM
    I gave up on the Facebook app. FriendCaster is so much better. Even the paid version is well worth it.

The notifications actually work 100% of the time & it had more features.
    06-05-2011 11:42 AM