Go SMS Pro: Individual Notification from web based text.

eyesweller

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Go SMS v3.38
HTC Droid Inc 2 -- Software v2.2.1

Howdy all,

I am trying to find a way to configure "individual notifications" for text messages that are sent from a web-based app (such as Verizon Text), but more specifically my work, which the address comes as ( work.notification@myemployer.com).

I am using Go SMS which I like a lot, and I CAN configure custom individual notification sounds for contacts that have phones listed.

If I get a text from work, the message details say ( work.notification@myemployer.com) in the message details, then if I go to "Individual Settings" in the thread in Go SMS and select "Individual Settings -- Notification", it doesnt do anything, such as bring up another menu.

Long story short, I am trying to setup a unique audible notification whenever I get a text from my work, which uses a paging application and comes thru at (work.notification@myemployer.com).

I sent a page from Verizon Text site, and it doesn't work from that either, seems to be only when it can associate a text with a valid cell-phone number.

I have my ( work.notification@myemployer.com) setup as a Contact.

Thanks,
EyeSweller

Mandoo

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I know this is an old post but have the same issue and would like to resolve it. I receive an alarm text from web based interface and need to set up a different Individual notification so I can respond accordingly.

Fetter

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue too. SIII with jelly bean.

This worked no problem in gingerbread... wish I could say the same for Jelly Bean.

Last edited:

Fetter

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I checked the notifications in the stock messaging app. Even though it was unchecked the tone was still set. After I checked it set that tone to silent and unchecked it again it works!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer