Documents to go 3.0 Full $7.49 at Amazon

anon(4832164)

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Amazon has Documents to go right now for $7.49. Thats $7.50 cheaper than the Android Market price and a lot cheaper than the $30 retail. I was looking for a good word and excel editor since the QuickOffice on the TB is already out of date. Couple things to consider:

1. You have to install the Documents to go main app from Amazon first (don't install from Market or the key will fail to install)

2. Make sure you back up both Documents to go main app and full key to your SD Card since you can't reinstall apps from Amazon if you uninstall or switch devices later.

3. Amazon also has the new QuickOffice Pro for $9.99 which is $5 cheaper than Android Market.

Both apps are great but I'm more familiar with Dtg from my Treo.

Thanks

JJQuin

Sapient2k7

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I believe it was free app of the day a week or so ago. I was wondering does it work on tablets? or do I have to buy it separate for a tablet? Transformer already has Polaris. Is DTG 3.0 better than Polaris Office?

Sapient2k7

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Is DTG a lot better than Google Docs functionality wise?

I use it on my iPAD (mostly as a viewer) and it works much better than other apps that I have tried. It is a full featured office app. I have not used google docs so can't say if it is any better. On a side note, A lot of big files refuse to open with my other readers (low memory issue) but DTG 3.0 has been able to open them without any problem.

jj2me

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Amazon has Documents to go right now for $7.49.

Thanks! Been checking every day for a deal on this, but only on the Market--I never thought to check Amazon.

2. Make sure you back up both Documents to go main app and full key to your SD Card since you can't reinstall apps from Amazon if you uninstall or switch devices later.

Are you sure about this, i.e., you can't uninstall/re-install without another charge? I just tried it on an Amazon free giveaway app I had installed and uninstalled a while ago, just for a test, and I don't see the charge on Amazon. Even when I searched for the app under my orders, it only showed the original "purchase" at a price of $0.00, but not the re-install.

Don't know if it makes a difference, but I re-installed it from the My Apps section of the Amazon Android app store, where it lists all my apps ever purchased, and it shows either "Open" for installed apps, or "Install" for uninstalled apps. "Install" went to the apps page, showing the price as $0.99 next to the Install button on that page, but I didn't get charged for re-installing the app.

You may be right about not being able to switch devices--I always wondered about that. That would be different from their Kindle ebooks policy.

Andromaniac

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The problem with all these apps is that they are paid. So if you aren't satisfied, you just lose your money. OfficeSuite Pro is the only editor with trial version. :)

pianomanss87

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I had docs to go on a number of my black berrys. I had to re-purchase for the dinc2 but it should be good for any andriod phone I get. I paid $15.00 for the BB app and the $15.00 for the android app. I edite Excel sheets on my phone all the time. Sync with Drop Box. Works great.

Piano Man

Tre Lawrence

May 13, 2010
Visit site
An app purchased through Amazon should be good for redownload on a new device later as long as associated device is changed. Can also be used on multiple devices as well, so one purchase is good for spouses.

This is one advantage, IMHO that Amazon has over the Market. Someone should correct me if I'm wrong.

FTR, I was a fan of D2G, but I gave QuickOffice Pro a try, and it blew me away. Love the Dropbox functionality. Having said that, that is a PHENOMENAL price for D2G.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey