I want something that records what you do on your screen, like a screenshot but with video. Does that exist?
    06-06-2011 01:05 PM
    ShootMe will do this, but it only records like 2 frames a second or something pathetic like that, but does work for just showing some steps for something.

I think you can get better results by jumping through some hoops like this (although I personally haven't tried it): How To Capture Screenshots And Record Video On Android Device | TheTechJournal.com
    Lumos likes this.
    06-06-2011 02:13 PM
    ShootMe records 10 frames/sec. Still not great, but certainly leaps and bounds better than 2.
    Lumos likes this.
    06-06-2011 02:50 PM
    I think you can get better results by jumping through some hoops like this (although I personally haven't tried it): How To Capture Screenshots And Record Video On Android Device | TheTechJournal.com
    You said you haven't tried it, but can you tell if it needs you to be rooted? Once it starts speaking in extensions I get the feeling it does, ha... The example was a bit too choppy anyway. Thank you for the help!

I'll give ShootMe a try. Thank you both.
    06-06-2011 04:26 PM
    Yes, must be rooted to use ShootMe. I think there were a few phones that can use it without root access, not quite sure though.
    06-06-2011 04:28 PM
    The EVO was one of them until the recent update. (Gingerbread)

At this time... Any screen capture application requires a rooted device.
    06-06-2011 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD