Ok, My phone broke and when I got a new phone I entered the old number to activate my whats app and I got to know that my number doesn't have any service now and I can't receive a whats app verification code or call on it, anymore.
    Therefore, as I'm unable to receive a verification code, I can't activate my whats app account that I've been using for a year and it had all my chats. So, basically I lost all my chats on that number. Whats app customer service was unable to help in this matter. Is there any way to get back the whats app account on a lost number that has no service now? I've been backing up data on Google drive.
    10-06-2018 08:55 AM
    Why not contact your carrier and see about a resolution to the signal issue rather than abandoning the phone number and losing your chat history? If your carrier can't help, you always have the option of taking your business and phone number to a carrier that cares and can get you service where you need it.

There's a similar discussion regarding the phone number linked to a Whatsaap account/chat backup and recovering (or not) the chats from that account over here - https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...ew-number.html
    10-06-2018 09:33 AM
    I moved this to the WhatsApp forum for more specific traffic.
    10-06-2018 12:59 PM
    Why not contact your carrier and see about a resolution to the signal issue rather than abandoning the phone number and losing your chat history? If your carrier can't help, you always have the option of taking your business and phone number to a carrier that cares and can get you service where you need it.

There's a similar discussion regarding the phone number linked to a Whatsaap account/chat backup and recovering (or not) the chats from that account over here - https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...ew-number.html
    Unfounately the carrier doesn't help..they have already recycled and reallocated my number to another user.
    10-07-2018 06:55 AM
    Wow, they didn't waste ANY time on that!
    10-07-2018 08:39 AM