Is there an app to sync folders between two devices directly across wifi or Bluetooth?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
WiFi File Transfer is one. There are many others, both Bluetooth (a bit slower) and WiFi, in the Play store, some completely free, some limited unless you pay (WiFi File Transfer is limited in file size until you make the in-app purchase).

You can't really sync folders, though, since folders are a sort of artificial construct - all you can copy is files. As far as continuous sync, about the only way I know of is to the cloud - and the default in Android is to keep pictures and GPM music folders (among others) synced. Someone else may know of some apps to keep folders synced between 2 devices.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
WiFi File Transfer is one. There are many others, both Bluetooth (a bit slower) and WiFi, in the Play store, some completely free, some limited unless you pay (WiFi File Transfer is limited in file size until you make the in-app purchase).

You can't really sync folders, though, since folders are a sort of artificial construct - all you can copy is files. As far as continuous sync, about the only way I know of is to the cloud - and the default in Android is to keep pictures and GPM music folders (among others) synced. Someone else may know of some apps to keep folders synced between 2 devices.

Back in the days, just after electricity was discovered, DOS (remember that OS?) users used Norton Commander to sync any two directories. Folders were called directories back then. Norton displayed any two directories on screen in side by side panels. Using a single key stroke Norton examined the two directories' file contents and displayed, in a different onscreen color, those files that did not appear in both directories. Another key stroke and files were copied to and from each directory those files that were not in both directories. Files marked as different could be de-selected individually prior to the syncing
process. There doesn't seem to be a Norton Commander equivalent in either the Windows or Android worlds. Or am I wrong?