Helix Launcher

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Figured I needed to do something along those lines after I unzipped it and nothing happened with astro..lol

On another note..I don't know if I want to give up the glass bar..haha

I have been using it all afternoon and its not terrible for the menu to be on the right, do you know if he'll make it with the glass bar AND the centered menu?

R

Roy Aguilera

He is in Asia somewhere. Think he is still asleep. I did send him a message. Hope he fixes it soon.
My trash can for Helix
The drawer handle is the same but with his mouth closed.
The mouth only opens when I'm deleting something.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
He is in Asia somewhere. Think he is still asleep. I did send him a message. Hope he fixes it soon.
My trash can for Helix
The drawer handle is the same but with his mouth closed.
The mouth only opens when I'm deleting something.

all i have to say is how did you add that haha. if im able to do it (if it is simple enough) ill upgrade to .7 just to add that haha

UserError

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
thanks again DA, i cant wait to try this thing out once i figure out how to install it haha.

stick the apk file on your SD card, then use a file explorer, I use ES File Explorer, navigate to the file and tap on the APK file. Then it will install ...

UserError

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Let us know when the app drawer button has been moved with the glass bar, lol. I am not getting rid of the glass bar -- I'd rather have the app drawer button on the right then losing the glass bar. Now having both would simply be amazing though :D

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
im using astro to install it which should do that same as file explorer but it just wont install. i dont know if it is the file itself or if im doing somthing wrong???

UserError

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
im using astro to install it which should do that same as file explorer but it just wont install. i dont know if it is the file itself or if im doing somthing wrong???

Well, the easiest thing to do is just download the file to your computer.

Then be sure the file extension at the end is ".apk".

Then just mount your Droid (connect the USB cable, pull down the notification bar, select the open files, select mount).

Then open the drive that's created on your computer (mine is usually E:\), and then drop the .apk file on the SD card.

Unmount, then disconnect.

Open astro, and navigate to where u saved the .apk file, and select it, it should install.

I use my computer because it's easy to be sure the file is in the correct format. All this should take less than 5 mins after u do it for the first time :)

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Yup did that. I just can't get it to install. I should have mentioned its not the one that is on the first page. Its a different version helix launcher

UserError

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Yup did that. I just can't get it to install. I should have mentioned its not the one that is on the first page. Its a different version helix launcher

Ohh, okay -- I have no idea then -- I installed the one that's linked to in this thread -- if it's another version, then I can't comment. I'm kinda new to this entire Droid thing, only had the phone for about 4 or 5 weeks now.

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
So after running HL2 for almost a full 24 hours, I recently noticed a little bit of sluggishness, and a couple FC's here and there, nothing that makes me want to go back to the stock home though

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I used metamorph

Wow I'm a dumb a$$ haha. This whole time I have been thinking the launcher file you sent me was the helix launcher with the Droid not icon built in. No wonder I couldn't get it to look like that. I'm gonna go look at metamorph now and see if I can figure it out. Just in case I can't though, what steps would I take to change that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers