Samsung S9+ Whatsapp image upload takes forever

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I switched from iPhone to Samsung S9+ and since then, I am noticing that Whatsapp images take forever to upload and I see that it keeps spinning and then eventually shows to either Retry or puts a check indicating image went through. In iphone, pictures used to be sent almost instantaneously.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's due to your internet connection, which may be slower on the S9 - but not due to Android.

prettypmk2003

Nov 5, 2018
Visit site
That's due to your internet connection, which may be slower on the S9 - but not due to Android.

Thank you for your response. I ran Internet Speed test on my phone and received 43.0 Mbps download and 39.9 Mbps upload speed which should be plenty to upload 1-4 mb pic size per second. No?

prettypmk2003

Nov 5, 2018
Visit site
Thank you for your response. I ran Internet Speed test on my phone and received 43.0 Mbps download and 39.9 Mbps upload speed which should be plenty to upload 1-4 mb pic size per second. No?

It seems like the issue is only occurring when uploading pics using whatsapp. Instead if I try using FB messenger, images are uploading quickly

What am I missing?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Check your router's wifi encryption. If it's TKIP or TKIP+AES, change it to AES. (then you'll have to forget the connection and connect again.) Samsung has had problems with TKIP in the past.

prettypmk2003

Nov 5, 2018
Visit site
Check your router's wifi encryption. If it's TKIP or TKIP+AES, change it to AES. (then you'll have to forget the connection and connect again.) Samsung has had problems with TKIP in the past.

Thank you so much. This is exactly how our Wifi is configured. I will make changes and test it out.

prettypmk2003

Nov 5, 2018
Visit site
Thank you so much. This is exactly how our Wifi is configured. I will make changes and test it out.

Tried it out, atleast images go now after spinning for little bit. Thank you so much. I have also noticed when trying to send multiple images, screen blacks out before sending images. Have you experienced the same?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34