Blogger Droid is ruined!

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to rant about an app I used to love called blogger droid. It is for creating blogger entries (duh). With the most recent update, the dev started using Airpush ads, which spam your notification bar all day long.

It also asks for all kinds of location permissions. Out of the 5 permissions it asks for, 4 of them are required for Airpush, MobFox, and AdMob (read phone state, access coarse location, access fine location, access network state) Now the dev wants my $5 to remove ads? I don't think so.

I used to find this app much better than the official blogger app, but I guess I will have to start using the official one now.

So if you start finding ads in your notification bar, this app may be to blame.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to rant about an app I used to love called blogger droid. It is for creating blogger entries (duh). With the most recent update, the dev started using Airpush ads, which spam your notification bar all day long.

It also asks for all kinds of location permissions. Out of the 5 permissions it asks for, 4 of them are required for Airpush, MobFox, and AdMob (read phone state, access coarse location, access fine location, access network state) Now the dev wants my $5 to remove ads? I don't think so.

I used to find this app much better than the official blogger app, but I guess I will have to start using the official one now.

So if you start finding ads in your notification bar, this app may be to blame.

Air Push ads and unnecessary permissions are the fastest ways possible to completely ruin a good app. I don't blame you at all for not wanting to give the dev any of your hard earned money, I wouldn't either. Thanks for telling us about another app using Air Push so the rest of us can avoid it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty