Google Voice - Question

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
When setting up my GV VM message, is there any way to get a standard message with just my phone number read off? I dont want to record a message myself, but i guess i could plug in the numbers and have my computer read it instead if there isn't any way to do this with GV....

thanks!

bleedblue

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Apart from doing what you suggested, which may sound sort of 'ghetto,' last I have seen you either do the 'standard' GV message or your own personalized one. It's something like, 'The Google Voice subscriber blah blah effing blah,' and I don't believe it recites the number.

You could do as you say, but unless they've updated the app / options then that is where you stand.

I choose it because it is more 'basic / non-personal.' That way, unless you're sure you have dialed the correct number, you / they have to assume they have it right. But, as mentioned, you could just do it the other way.

Reactions: zero neck

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
i dont remember any option for a standard msg from when i set it up, but i might not have been paying enough attention. i tried out having my cpu say my phone number similar to what verizon says, but it sounded ridiculous haha. just recorded something for now.

i'll have to give it a few days and see which is more annoying: my own message or actually listening to vm

thanks

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
i dont remember any option for a standard msg from when i set it up
Go to the full GV site. Go to your GV settings. Click on the Voicemail and Text tab. The System Standard greeting will be an option in the drop menu.

However, as stated above, it's not what you're looking for. You'd have to record the type of greeting that you're looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer