Is there an app out there similar to Beyond160? Being on Sprint, kinda limited to the amount of characters per message. When I had a BB though, I was using an app called Beyond160 which basically split the message sent. Not a total fix, but it did the job.

Is there an Android version of this?
    10-29-2009 11:34 AM
    I did a quick search and didn't find anything right away, but you might if you look a little more indepth... Here is a link to what apps are on the android market: AndroLib, Find all applications and games available in the Android Market for your Android Phone, HTC Dream, HTC Magic etc...

Anyone else know of an app for this?
    10-29-2009 12:22 PM
    Doesn't android just do this automatically? On the Hero you get a little counter showing when you are coming to the end of the first 160 character block, but it doesn't stop you going over it and just sends the message split if you do

10-30-2009 03:28 AM
    Sir, you are correct I just sent a msg to a friend and sure enough, I was able to keep texting and saw that I was on msg 2 on the character tracker. She also received the message but split.

Not sure why, but I'm pretty certain that I was prevented from entering more than 160 characters the last time I attempted.

Now before I jump the gun, is it a Sprint issue or a Hero issue that i'm only receiving the first half of a long message? There were a couple of times where I would receive a message that was cut off from what was a somewhat lengthy message.
    10-30-2009 09:36 AM
    yes, its called past160 on the android market. when both phones have it or securecell they get one long text that isn't broken up. SecureCell adds encryption etc.
    12-24-2010 10:42 AM
    "Dialer". Comes on all phones.
    12-24-2010 11:58 AM