How to transfer my whatsapp messages (including media) from Iphone to Android via the Icould backup

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,
I did backup on my iPhone 6S, then uninstall WhatsApp on IPhone and install WhatsApp on my Samsung S9 but the only question Android is asking me is searching for Google Drive backup but not Icould backup...
It was described by many users that WhatsApp should search for my Icould backup from Android but it does not happen to me.
FYI I even put my SIM card in my Samsung phone before installing WhatsApp to be sure, WhatsApp is signing on the right number.
I had to switch again my WhatsApp to IPhone to be sure to not lose all my messages (including media).
Please help me to manage the transfer.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You don't, not easily anyway. There is no official method of transferring Whatsapp info from iOS to Android (or Android to iOS for that matter). There are some apps that claim to do it but use is at your own risk, and they all cost money.

The reference to searching for a backup is related to restoring backed-up chats from Android to another Android device, once Whatsapp is installed and set up for your same number it checks your Google Drive account for the backup to automatically restore.

For the record this is not an Android or iOS issue, this is a Whatsapp issue.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.