APK taking over all apps and sending data via FTP/LAN

Robert Weismantel

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
I have a never ending data theft issue. Right after factory reset two HTML codes appear in my file folder. Soon after all my apps begin working together to cache and steal all my photos and files. No virus scanner even sees it. I extract and they rebuild. I have traced it to Total Controller sending my files to a LAN server and a cloud account. Can't stop it. The guy likes to leave threats in the file names and HTML. On said "don't delete these or your pictures disappear. I deleted it because screw him....400 photos gone. Was finding ways to damage and delete files in transit but it's a lot of work. My VPN does nothing....my firewall does nothing. Not much literature about it like it's not a mainstream problem...or it's unnoticed since Google and FB do the same thing but less invassively.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Right after factory reset two HTML codes appear in my file folder.
Which folder? there isn't one file folder on a phone.

Soon after all my apps begin working together to cache and steal all my photos and files.
How do you detect this?

I have traced it to Total Controller sending my files to a LAN server and a cloud account.
If you're talking about Total Control, a remote control app, uninstall it. If you're talking about Total Commander, uninstall it. (Then install it from Play. An "unvirused" version of TC doesn't do things like that.)

In short, don't install apps from anywhere but Play. (And uninstall any known bad apps, like anything by Cheetah Software or Kika Tech [Cheetah Mobile’s Battery Doctor, Cheetah Keyboard, Clean Master, CM File Manager, CM Launcher 3D, CM Locker, Security Master and Kika Tech’s Keyboard].)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22