Office App Sam.S6 / access to old documents

dip1979

Jan 10, 2019
Visit site
After I've downloaded files from email or Dropbox and I can see them in my downloads folder (I'm using X-plore as file manager). Once I delete them I assume they are gone but if I go direct into the excel or word app they are in my recent page. I can open them again. The recent page tries to give me the address they are located in, something like user/0/com.micros.... but when I go there in X-plore there are no files there. I've only just realized that all of my old documents that have been deleted are still somewhere and anyone using my phone can see them. This is a huge problem for anything I have opened from Dropbox because I need to use a password to get into Dropbox, but if I just went into the excel app it takes you right there and someone could delete my files from Dropbox or edit them without ever putting the Dropbox password in. I have already removed Dropbox from connected services'in the excel and word app but as soon as I open even one file again they all come back.

Can someone please tell me how to find and delete any old documents I have had in 'downloads'at some point and then deleted so that someone cant just open excel and word and open them up again.

Also can someone please tell me how to stop the apps having free access to Dropbox so you cannot edit and delete Dropbox files direct from the excel and word app.