Our Outlook 365 account has slowed down significantly within the last 3-4mo on all of our Android devices. Example: is selecting an email to open may take as much as 30-45sec for a 'normal' email. Attached photos take longer once the email has opened. Outlook is working fine our PC and iPhones. Because it is happening on more than one device with each device being different and up to date, I doubt it is a corrupted installation.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there info out there about the cause of this.
    01-14-2019 11:21 AM
    Outlook, connected to an Exchange Server or Outlook.com's server, is entirely Microsoft's, it has nothing to do with Android (except that it tuns on Android). There are so many ways to set up Exchange and Outlook.com that the app can't keep up with it. (The Outlook program in Windows is designed to, and MS is probably putting more effort into the iPhone version of Outlook 365 than the Android version.) If it's running on an Exchange Server, contact your email administrator. If it's running on Outlook.com contact Microsoft (assuming that you haven't updated it - there was a new version released Friday, January 11).
    01-14-2019 12:49 PM
    Outlook, connected to an Exchange Server or Outlook.com's server, is entirely Microsoft's, it has nothing to do with Android (except that it tuns on Android). There are so many ways to set up Exchange and Outlook.com that the app can't keep up with it. (The Outlook program in Windows is designed to, and MS is probably putting more effort into the iPhone version of Outlook 365 than the Android version.) If it's running on an Exchange Server, contact your email administrator. If it's running on Outlook.com contact Microsoft (assuming that you haven't updated it - there was a new version released Friday, January 11).
    As stated, this is a 365 installation so an Exchange Server is obviously involved. The other fact I made sure I included was this is relatively recent (3-4mo). All phones, tablets, PCs and Exchange Server are current with server, aOS, iOS and Outlook 365. The Android devices are Samsung and Moto. Systems are professionally maintained with no evidence of malware.

The key is (as I see it and you seem to think) is a recent change in the Android Outlook version. Or, there maybe as a result of Outlook "updating" a new conflict with some other app.

One additional bit of info is that Outlook just sitting there active has shown to eat up as much as 10-30% of the CPU. Never looked at that before, but would assume that, normally, it would never use more than ~2% just sitting.

This is why I was asking for others to comment on their current experience with the Android version of 365. It would be helpful to know their CPU use if normal or having issues.

Lastly, have there been notices of conflicts with aOS Outlook by users or app makers? The Outlook team has not been fast to respond to make query.
    01-14-2019 02:57 PM