How can I transfer 2 WhatsApp chat histories (1 iOS + 1 Android) to a single-SIM Android phone?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello, I have a new Galaxy S8 (single-SIM), that will replace TWO old phones: a Galaxy S6 and an iPhone 5, each of which had a WhatsApp account. I want to copy over the WhatsApp chat history of both of these former accounts, so I can access their history.
How can I do this?
I am a bit of a novice at this, but (assuming that I cannot merge the two accounts' chat histories) I am thinking of:
- running Dual WhatsApp on my S8 (if possible despite the S8 being single-SIM)
- having one WhatsApp version be active, linked to the SIM, with the chat history of [say] the iPhone account
- having the other WhatsApp version be 'passive', i.e. just a 'repository' with the other account's chat history so I can search it if needed (but I would message from the first, SIM-linked WhatsApp version)

Questions:
1- Is something like this possible (& an OK solution to my issue)?
2- To create the second (passive) WhatsApp version, can I temporarily insert a different SIM, create the passive account under that number, and then revert to the SIM I will run in the phone for the active account?
3- How do I transfer the chat history from the iPhone onto the S8?
4- For transferring the chat history from the S6, can I just copy over the msgstore file (via my PC) onto the S8? [I want to avoid using GoogleDrive)
And how do I tell WhatsApp to use it as the history for the second (passive) version, and not the first (active) version?

Thank you in advance! This is a bit complex and I am a bit lost as to how best to do it, so your help will be invaluable!! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084