i have a asus Memo Pad 7 tablet for my grandmother for facebook an stuff

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've updated her tablet.
I've uninstalled Facebook an re installed Facebook.

I've also tried older versions.

it continues to tell me that Unfortunately Facebook has stopped when i try to open the app.

also says Facebook application error an Facebook version is invalid for device.

Help. plz. do i need to get her a new tablet.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The ZTE Z899VL is the ZTE Majesty Pro Plus LTE phone, not a tablet, and it's from ZTE, not ASUS. Is this actually the device in question?

Are you installing Facebook from the Play Store, or from somewhere else? Try going to Settings>Apps, select Facebook, then Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now open it again and log back in. Does the problem persist?

derpmae

Feb 5, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The ZTE Z899VL is the ZTE Majesty Pro Plus LTE phone, not a tablet, and it's from ZTE, not ASUS. Is this actually the device in question?

Are you installing Facebook from the Play Store, or from somewhere else? Try going to Settings>Apps, select Facebook, then Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now open it again and log back in. Does the problem persist?

Its does persist
I've mistake the product. Its the Asus MeMO Pad 7 LTE

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What version of Android is it running?

I edited your thread title to make it more accurate.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty old -- I wonder if it's too old for the current version of Facebook. Or it might be a RAM issue, since your tablet only has 1 GB of RAM. Unfortunately, I can't find any definite explanation on the web. What if you try installing Facebook Lite?

derpmae

Feb 5, 2019
Visit site
:/ damn. I was able get the lite version. It's telling me for her messages now she would have to download the lite version. did that.. its saying its unable to for the device. now she unable to message people on fb. Ugh. Might just have to get her new tablet.