Keyboards that let you set the input language MANUALLY for Google Voice Typing

make-it-work

Feb 13, 2019
Visit site
On a recent thread, a user complains that in the SwiftKey keyboard there is no way to set the input language manually for Google Voice Typing. I use SwiftKey and Gboard, and both have the same issue.

However, the Google Voice Typing API allows developers to request a specific language. For instance, when the Reverso translation app uses Google Voice Typing, the screen shows that it is sending the pre-selected language.

Reverso-Google-Voice-Typing.jpg

So I started searching for keyboards that allow users to switch languages manually. So far I found several, but none are great. For instance, SpeechKeys lets you switch languages, but everytime you switch, instead of showing you your small list of installed languages, it shows you all the languages of the world, which makes the list a pain to navigate.

Would some of you be able to recommend a keyboard that has a key to manually select the input language that is sent to Google Voice Typing?

My other ideas are:
  1. To leave negative feedback in the Play Store for SwiftKeys and Gboard, to force them to pay attention
  2. I made a feature request on the SwiftKey forum (please comment or vote there if you're interested)

Looking forward to any suggestions!
More power to the power users. :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad