Senior fellow unfamiliar with android. Long time since i bothered with a mobile. Been handed a Galaxy Note 2.

First issue is how to transfer files from Internal to SD card. Total fail so far. I uploaded with 'Airmore' but trying move to SD card gives FAILED to CREATE FOLDER and FAILED TO MOVE.

Have a few file managers. total commander looks good but doesn't transfer to SD card.

For sure its me. Help plz.

NOTE 2 GTN7105T
    v4.4.2
    02-19-2019 05:25 AM
    Courage, I have the same experience. I _think_ you'll need to find out if the app that made the files you're trying to move will read the SD card. Some won't.
    A long press on the app should bring up it's attributes screen and that won't be a place to start.
    I hate the files managers I've tried, your versions might be better. In theory (hah!) we should be able to find the right place (folder) on the SD card, create a sub-folder and configure the app to store there. In theory.
    02-19-2019 05:49 AM
    It all depends on what files you are trying to move to the SD card.
    The SD card is best for photos, videos, music, and documents.
    Apps need to stay on the internal storage.

For the apps that use lots of storage space (camera, games, maps, GPS) check the settings in the individual apps. Many of the current versions will let you move their data to the SD card while leaving the apps on the internal storage.

Android 4.x is not going to help you any....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-20-2019 08:48 PM