XJDHDR

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to find a weather app for my phone that has the following:
  • widget with 3 - 5 day forecast
  • pops up a notification for conditions such as:
  • if minimum temperature for the day is less than a certain number
  • if chance of rain for day is greater than a certain percentage

I was previously using the app "Bright Weather" for this but it seems to have stopped working recently (it gives a connection error when it tries to connect to it's servers or something). Thanks for the help!

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I see that the last time Bright Weather was updated was in 2015, so that explains your issues perhaps. I don't know of an alternative for you though.

XJDHDR

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just to follow up on this, I never managed to find a replacement weather app with notifications. Instead, I went with using Zapier to send me an email. They currently email if rain is on the forecast and have said will look into implementing temperature based triggers as well.

XJDHDR

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to give another update but it seems that the AccuWeather app has an option to notify you of weather conditions as well. There is a "Prepare for your Day" section that tells the app to notify you if the temperature drops below a set number and/or the chance of precipitation is above a certain percent. I have set up both but haven't been able to test this yet as I haven't had a day that triggered either condition yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21